Raspberries and chocolate are the heart’s desire in this dazzling pie.
1/2 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts (1 crust)
1 cup boiling water
1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
2 squares (1 ounce each) semi-sweet chocolate for baking
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1/2 pint fresh raspberries (about 1 cup), divided
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Let pie crust stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Gently unfold onto lightly floured surface. Roll to an 11 1/2-inch circle using floured roller. Place crust into a Deep Dish Pie Plate, pressing dough into bottom and up sides. Prick bottom and sides using pastry tool. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
2. Stir boiling water into gelatin; stir at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add jam; stir until smooth. Cool until gelatin begins to thicken.
3. Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1- 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after each 20-second interval or until chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour chocolate into small resealable plastic food storage bag; twist top of bag and secure. Cut a small tip off corner of bag to allow chocolate to flow through. Pipe chocolate around top edge of pie crust. Using remaining chocolate, pipe eight heart-shaped decorations onto Parchment Paper; refrigerate 15 minutes or until set.
4. Combine sour cream and 2 cups of the whipped topping in a bowl. Add gelatin mixture; whisk until smooth. Reserve 1/3 cup raspberries; set aside. Sprinkle remaining raspberries evenly over bottom of pie crust; pour filling over berries. Chill at least 3 hours or until set.
5. Fill decorating press or bag with remaining whipped topping. Pipe eight rosettes evenly around edge of pie. Arrange chocolate heart decorations between rosettes. Place reserved berries in center. Lightly sprinkle pie with powdered sugar using shaker or sieve. Cut into wedges and serve.
Yield: 8 servings