Red Lobster’s Recipe
1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
1 tablespoon onion minced
1 tablespoon celery diced
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 whole egg
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 pound lump crab meat
2 tablespoons oil for sautéing
1) In a large stainless steel bowl, combine all ingredients except crab meat and bread crumbs.
2) Using gloved hands, gently mix in crab meat, then add bread crumbs.
3) Spread a thin layer of plain bread crumbs on work surface.
4) Form crab mixture into equal balls, approximately 2″ in diameter. Place on crumbs.
5) Gently flatten ball of crab mixture and round the edges. Form cakes about 1/2″ thick and 3″ round. Refrigerate.
6) In a sauté pan, melt 2 tablespoons of oil until hot. Gently slide in crab cakes 2 at a time.
7) Brown on one side approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and brown on the other side. Turn down heat to simmer and cook crab cakes another 5 – 8 minutes.
Makes approximately 8 cakes
Don’t increase the bread crumbs.
Beverage suggestions: Pinot Grigio, light lager beer